Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hooray for the Cohen Brothers

If you can't tell from my blog name, I am a HUGE fan of the Cohen Brothers' films. Tonight's Oscars features the best movie of 2007, No Country For Old Men., hopefully to win best picture. Seriously, have you seen this movie? It doesn't have music!, and the bad guy in the movie was so creepy that I checked all the closets when I got home to make sure he wasn't standing there with that air gun(well, actually, I didn't. I made my fiance do it. I was too scared.) This movie is so fabulous, I could devote a whole blog just to how great it is. Long story short, if you haven't seen it, stop reading this and go see it (That is, if blood does not make you squeemish).
Naturally, because this movie is the best movie of the year, it won't win. Who knows why the academy doesn't know the BEST movie when they see it. It seems to happen more often then not, can we say Titanic and Oliver!?
Wouldn't it be great if the public could vote for the best film? Course, I guess since we don't really have a say in the actual REAL important elections (Thanks Electoral College), the Academy Awards really shouldn't be/aren't that big of a deal.
. . I do like Jon Stewart though.

No comments: