Friday, November 21, 2008

OMG

"MS. DEMKE!!!!"
"Good Morning. . .what?"
"THE TWILIGHT MOVIE WAS SOOOOOO GOOD. IT WAS LIKE THE BESTEST BESTEST MOVIE I'VE LIKE EVER SEEN!"
"Why are you yelling?"
"MS. DEMKE!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! I WENT AND SAW THE TWILIGHT MOVIE LAST NIGHT AT 2:40 A.M. LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS SO GOOD!!! I GOT HOME AT LIKE 5 A.M. THIS MORNING AND I HAVEN'T BEEN TO BED YET.. . IN FACT, I'VE BEEN AWAKE SINCE LIKE 6 A.M. YESTERDAY!!!"
". . . . .ok."

TODAY. . OH . . excuse me. . . cough. Today is the day that the Twilight Movie comes out, half of the female population at my school has already seen it. How do I know? They've told me. Why? Why if these girls were going to go to that movie at three in the morning. Why? Why did they have to come to school today?

Adults on no sleep: grrrr, leave me alone. I hate the world! Why world, why did you make today the day I run out of coffee filters? Why is Starbucks so far away from me?"
Little Kids on no sleep: WAAAAAAHHHH!! (Tie your shoes.. ) I CAN'T! WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME!? I WANT. . I WANT. . I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT?!
Teenagers on no sleep: WEEEEEEEE! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY. WEEEEEEE. LOOK! SOMETING FUZZY AND SHINEY! WEEEEEE!

The rest of the world crashes and burns on no sleep, but not so teenagers. If anyting, they are more hyper, more spastic, more loud, more intense, and much, much more energetic. God help us if ever go to some war on some castrophe happens that keeps us up for days on end, the teenagers will be our only hope.

Not only is it "Twilight" Day (and yes, there are girls walking around with Twilight T-shirts), but today is the day before the great Utah vs. BYU Game. Administration, yes Administration encouraged, no, demanded that students dress up to support their favorite today. Not just dress up. Please, wear your war paint too, kids. Teenagers are very susceptible to the slightest chance that they can put down their everyday idiocy and realy get down to some major stupidity. My classroom has been tagged many many times by ninjas carrying blue Y that suspiciously look like they were made from the copy room here at school and I've been told that I suck by 7th graders.

And to think that I was going to call off today and didn't. . .

No comments: